Thursday, February 7, 2013

Assignment 8: Special Collection


Dear Reader,
It would be difficult to use the special collection as a resource for my topic. If I were to have to use it as a type of resource, I would probably look for diagrams of the theory I’m working on. Maybe a book on the data and results could be found from the specific person on my topic, but it would be difficult. I do think that I would be able to use the special collections section with my other subject classes such as History. I also think that I would have a better need for it than with I’m working on at the moment. I can easily see myself using this kind of primary resource to write a more solid-proofed essay on something like a historical essay. It would allow me to use greatly detailed events, thus making a historical essay more pronounced. What I believe makes the Special Collections important is having the primary source in hand. There is no question as to the legitimacy of the contents, and if there is it’s not tainted by perspectives after the specific time frame. The idea of falsifying data, with the genuine object in hand, it is a lot smaller if you have the genuine document. I also believe for people, it is also more sentimental having the actual object in hand compared to a handy-down object; the value and admiration is a lot greater knowing it is the original.  

No comments:

Post a Comment