Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Assignment 3: Making a large purchase

Dear Readers,

My first major purchase was probably January 2012 when I bought my first up-to-date television. I was using my birthday money to buy it and needed assistance from my older brother. I do not know much about what makes a TV, great, and a good "quality". My brother is an expert when it comes to technical media devises, I'm ignorant it that field. I decided that I wanted to upgrade to a nice flat screen but ran into technical problems like; Should i get LCD or LED and what is the difference. Another major issue I ran into was the type of brand I wanted. (so many T.V manufacturers I have never heard of!) With this problem, I quickly ran into another; A financial decision. I could either choose to get a T.V made by a well-known manufacture company but more expensive and a smaller screen, or a not well-known manufacture but with a larger screen for a cheaper price. The only issue with a company that isn't well known is, how well constructed are the TV's and will they last? These were the various things my brother brought up to me, and so at first I was overwhelmed and glad he was there to help me make a decision. My brother is a bargain shopper too, so having him with me looking for a quality T.V in my price range was nice. And since he is my brother he was looking out for my best interest and not trying to rip me off. In the end we found a great T.V on clearance due to the after holiday season for a relatively cheap price, not to mention a big screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment