Thursday, January 17, 2013

Assignment 4: Researching Topic Ideas

Dear Readers,
   I decided that my research essay will relate to the science field because it is the field of study that I'm going into and enjoy most. I have already decided on two ideal topic's I'm most interested on studying. One topic is with the idea of time, more specifically the Twin Paradox. The second topic I decided upon is  Positive-Eugenics, also known as Human Genetic Engineering.  Although I believe I'm going with the second topic, I still am contemplating on the idea of researching the Twin Paradox. I would enjoy researching this idea/theory more because although I understand the general theory, I know I would enjoy researching how it works and the mechanics behind it. The second topic, Positive Eugenics, primarily has to do with enhancing the human species by genetically altering things such as height, mulches, eyes sight, etc. . . The only issue with this topic is, some consider this as a moral issue and or even a threat, unlike my other topic about the Twin Paradox, which doesn't challenge moral beliefs so much. The issues some face with the idea of Eugenics even was turned into a movie in 1997, Gattaca.

1 comment:

  1. It's clear you've already given this some good thought and it's great to see you embarking on topics that you enjoy the most. That always leads to more rewarding and valuable research. We will go into more detail on the research process and our final project in the next few class sessions and that should help you decide whether you want to stay with positive eugenics or if the twin paradox appeals to you more. There's definitely no rush yet!

    ReplyDelete